Thursday, January 19, 2012

Post Season: Bowl Wrap-up

Before I post the final standings (which you may or may not care about) I want to post a quick wrap up of the bowls and how my rankings did compared to the BCS standings.

What I was most concerned about were the games where my rankings disagreed with the BCS rankings. These games were:

Auburn vs Virginia. The BCS had Auburn ranked 25, and Virginia unranked. I had Auburn at 149 and Virginia at 63. Auburn won. :( Me: 0, BCS: 1

Houston vs Penn State. The BCS had Houston at 19 and PSU at 22. I had Houston at 67 and PSU at 36. Houston won. :( Me: 0, BCS: 2

Michigan State vs. Georgia. The BCS had MSU at 17 and Georgia at 16. I had MSU at 17 and Georgia at 31. Michigan State won. :) Me: 1, BCS: 2

Wisconsin vs. Oregon. The BCS had Oregon at 5 and Wisconsin at 10. I had Wisconsin at 6 and Oregon at 7. Oregon won. :( Me: 1, BCS: 3

Michigan vs. Virginia Tech. The BCS had Michigan at 13 and Virginia Tech at 11. I had Michigan at 4 and Virginia Tech at 15. Michigan won. :) Me: 2, BCS: 3

Kansas State vs Arkansas. The BCS had KSU at 8 and Arkansas at 6. I had KSU at 27 and Arkansas at 34. Arkansas won. :( Me: 2, BCS 4

2-4 against the BCS. Not too good.

I really hope to put more tools into the code next year to see how I'm doing. It would be great to keep track of number of upsets, etc. I may have to change the way it works to improve this end-of-the-year comparison battle with the BCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment