Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Evaluating with Bowl Results, Part II

Well, unfortunately A&M lost the Cotton Bowl to LSU, so I lost the competition against the BCS rankings. At least, I lost when only considering the Top 25. Overall, among bowl games with Top 25 BCS rankings (before the bowl games were factored in) my choices were 9-7. The BCS were 10-6, so my algorithm was only behind by one result. Looking at all bowl games, the algorithm fared much better, going 21-14, picking 60% of the games correctly. Given the erratic nature of college football, I'm pretty happy with this, but perhaps I can tweak the algorithm to do better!

I would still like to compare my results against the percentage of upsets over the whole season. If and when I do this, I'll comment on the results here.

Happy Off-Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment